Starting the habit as an adult is not easy though. It takes a lot of discipline.
Here are five tips to get you started:
1. Start fresh: Throw away every junky stuff you may have in your fridge or pantry. Being tempted is easy!
2. Get informed: Read articles and ask around as much as you can.
3. Motivate yourself: What stimulates you? Imagining your kids digging into that steamed broccoli salad bowl? Looking at pictures of you when you were younger and full of energy? Do whatever it takes to make it more enjoyable!
4. Make it fun: Try new recipes that involve only healthy ingredients. Go for variety and novelty.
5. Let it be your thing: Talk about it with friends, family, co-workers. Anyone you sit with. It’s a real conversation starter after talking about the weather. Let everyone know that this is your new lifestyle.