This is one of the most basic side dish recipes.
It goes with almost everything: meat, fish, poultry, soups, multigrains…
Some people even have it with salads!
Better served hot.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups boiled water for soaking
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vermicelli
- 2 cups water for cooking
- Soak rice in boiling water and salt for 30 mn at least.
- Drain, rinse well and set aside.
- Heat the oil for a few seconds.
- Brown vermicelli for about 2 mn.
- Add rice and stir for 2 more mn.
- Add water and salt to taste.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer until cooked.