Pinenuts and almonds are not essential. Feel free to skip them (for allergy purposes, etc.) However they make this dish even more succulent. In our house, the more, the better!
The Cinnamon’s flavor is strong and palatable. If you’re a cinnamon fan, you’re in for a treat!
Cinnamon Scented Chicken Rice
- 1 kg cooked chicken (see our Chicken Stew recipe)
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted pinenuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds (optional)
- Cook chicken, set aside the meat and discard the bones.
- Soak the rice for 30 mn, then strain and wash it well.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pan for a few seconds, then add the rice and stir-fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, salt and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until cooked for about 10 mn.
- Top rice with chicken meat then sprinkle with almonds and pinenuts.
- Serve hot with extra chicken broth and toasted bread on the side.